Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sarah Blogs (And The World Trembles)

So, I've decided to start a blog. There are numerous reasons. I'll just list the top three:
1. I love too many wonderful people. And too many wonderful people love me and are interested in what's going on in my life and my writing. I want to interact with everyone and keep you all up-to-date, but I simply don't have the time or brainpower to write that many emails, and someone always gets left out. This way, I can keep up with you all! And you don't have your inbox cluttered!
2. I need to keep better records. I wish I could tell you the number of times I've thought 'Oh, I wish I knew when I thought of that!' Unfortunately, I haven't recorded them, so I can't. And as portable as spiral-bound notebooks are, they are easily lost. Or destroyed. (Remind me to tell you about the time Megrat wrote all HER book notes over top of MY important cartoon.) A blog is more accessible, more stable, and, hopefully, more memorable than my scattered scribblings.
3. I obviously don't spend enough time on the Internet. I mean, I only check my Facebook … what? Every ten minutes? WHAT DO I DO WITH THE OTHER NINE MINUTES? Heaven forbid I actually spend that time WRITING? This must stop!
With those important reasons all on top of each other, I think it's safe to say this blog will be seeing a lot of me. Or a little of me, in which case I'll have stopped procrastinating and decided to get serious about editing Sarawen. Either way, you win, right?

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! Your first two reasons for starting this are exactly the same reasons why I started my blog. I'm excited to keep in touch with you this way. Happy blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts here. Or your cookies. Really, anything you feel like sharing.