Monday, July 9, 2012

Musically Monday

I planned to write a review today, but then other things happened. And right now I have a character walking past a dark alley where someone waits to kidnap her, so, yeah. I can't keep them waiting.

Instead, I thought I'd pop in and share a little of the music I've been listening to lately. Before I begin, a disclaimer: Being a writer comes with costs. Specifically, my characters have their own music likes and dislikes, which occasionally conflict with my natural taste. I listen to it anyway.

So, the music.


Pressing Flowers - The Civil Wars



I discovered The Civil Wars through Safe and Sound, the song they did with Taylor Swift for The Hunger Games. I love what I've seen of their music so far. It's haunting and strange -- perfect for one of the characters I'm going to be working with soon.


In Deep - Shere



Yeah, discovered this song through Disney's Prom. And I love it, especially the chorus. The laid-back feel of the entire song just makes me happy. And, of course, it suits a character perfectly. In this case, a character I've abandoned in the middle of emotional trauma, but he'll forgive me someday, right?


Already Gone - Kelly Clarkson



A friend showed this to me today (hi, Lisa!) and all I can say is ... I wish I'd had this song a year ago. It would have been very good friends with my NaNo novel. Well, I've found it now, and I shall use it for editing.


Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepson




Um, don't ask. No, seriously. Don't.

So, that's it for my Monday, but what about yours? What makes it musical? Share in the comments whilst I rescue the poor girl stranded in that alleyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts here. Or your cookies. Really, anything you feel like sharing.