Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Introducing Words on a Wednesday -- WONDERLAND Edition

[insert obligatory and witty apology for practically-never posting on this blog here]

I've decided to start a Thing called Words On Wednesday. In case the title isn't self-explanatory, the basic concept is that I throw a list of words at you. On a Wednesday. 

The reason I think this is a fun idea is because I spend quite a LARGE portion of my life compiling lists of words. That's a central part of the prep work I do for every novel, and it's also what I turn to when I get stuck on a chapter or a scene. Hence, WoaW will focus on portions of these lists, each time focusing on a different theme.

This week, the theme is WONDERLAND, which is the code name for my current WIP.

This book ... well. It's probably the most problematic book I've ever tried to write. Next to WONDERLAND, my last project looks like something that fell from heaven on feathery wings. But I'm wrestling it into shape, and hopefully I'll know what it's about by Chapter Ten.

For now, this is the best I've got:

GUT
RAW
SCAR
PRIMAL
NEED
TENDER
CORNERED
TREMBLE
HUSH
CLING
SINEW
MARROW
SCREAM
FINGERTIPS
COLLAPSE
SURRENDER
JAGGED
ENTWINE
BILE
FLUTTER

So, given that list, what do YOU think WONDERLAND is about? Answer in the comments -- I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts here. Or your cookies. Really, anything you feel like sharing.