Thursday, September 8, 2011

2 Weeks Post-Op

I have survived. The worst is behind me ... or at least, I hope it is.

The last two weeks have been rough. I have cried and bled and taken pictures. I have lost weight. Maybe ten pounds. Maybe more. (My bathroom scale isn't all that reliable. This morning, it told me I weigh a whopping total of 0.00 lbs. Yippee!) (NOT. I was only 127 lbs to begin with. That seems like a good weight to me. Besides, I miss food. A lot.)

On the bright side, I'm completely off painkillers and able to sleep most of the night. The wounds are healing well, according to my orthodontist. The swelling is almost all gone. So is the bruising, except for one dark spot on my throat. (No idea what happened there.) My bite is wonderful. Strange, but wonderful.

And Horizons is 60,000 words. My record for words-written-in-a-day? Ten thousand and four.

Am I pleased? Yes, I am pleased. Am I sane?

Um ... More ice cream? Yes, I would like some more ice cream, please.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting past the worst. I bet you are dreaming of the day you can sink your new bite into a delicious carrot!

    When do you start school and do I get to preview your new book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaaahhh. Don't mention those 'c' vegetables, please.

    Kind of started school this morning, actually. Just one class for today, but I'll be there all day tomorrow.

    And as for Horizons ... Yes. Yes, you may. Don't ask me why I haven't sent it already. You and Grandma are getting it right now.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts here. Or your cookies. Really, anything you feel like sharing.