Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cough Cough

So, I didn't go to school today. I haven't had to for a whole week. You might expect that I've written, I dunno ... twenty or thirty thousand words in that time?

Nope. Not even close. Total is closer to 6k.

That's cause I'm sick. My head is pounding, my nose is running, and my coughing sounds like a rabid wolf is caught in my throat. These are not conditions conducive to writing, people! Especially when I'm still unable to chew after jaw surgery. To top it all off, Horizons is being difficult. I think it's caught my illness ... or maybe something different, as it seems to be throwing up regularly. I'm frantically scrubbing off the vomit and trying to fix the problems, but it's SO FRUSTRATING.

SO VERY FRUSTRATING.

On the bright side, I just gained a new crit partner. (Or rather, I entrusted an established crit partner with Sarawen.) And she is awesome. Awesome enough to stay up until 4am reading. That might be all that keeps me moving forward right now. What would we ever do without friends?

Anyway, I have no mental energy. So again, I am turning to a snippet from my book. (Sarawen, this time.) I hope this makes enough sense out of context for SOMEBODY to laugh at it.

"Are you ... Did you just ask me to marry you?"
"No!" he blurted. "I ... I asked you to consider ... it."


Drat. That was much funnier in context. I'll leave it anyway. I've got urgent matters to attend to. You know -- Cough, sniffle, blow nose, repeat ...

2 comments:

  1. Get well quickly!

    As for your sidebar poll. I don't know how to use it. It also is missing a category or two that I would respond to. One would be community relationships and the other would be character development, both of which I have enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Grandpa. The poll is closed now ... I'll have to come up with a new question. It was mostly a joke, anyway, given the EXTREMELY limited number of people who've read Sarawen. Thank you for the feedback anyway. What exactly do you mean by community relationships?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts here. Or your cookies. Really, anything you feel like sharing.