Wednesday, September 14, 2011

HIGH SCHOOL

This is it, people. I am officially in HIGH SCHOOL.

As in, I'm not just studying HIGH SCHOOL subjects at home. I get up in the morning. I get ready. I go to the school building, where I am surrounded by teenagers, most of whom I don't know.

And I have a locker.

I confess, these things all freaked me out at first. It wasn't the number of people around me ... I can take those sorts of crowds in situations I'm used to. Part of it was the realization that I was starting school a few weeks into the year, having skipped a year in many of my subjects. But it was mostly the unfamiliarity of it all. I had no idea what I was doing, and I was terrified of doing something wrong.

I'm happy to report that those fears are under control now. I haven't cried in two days. I haven't thought 'Oh-my-goodness-I-can't-do-this-I-should-just-go-hide' since yesterday morning. And I seem to have mastered the art of opening my locker. I now do that at every opportunity.

I wonder when the novelty will wear off. I hope never. I could use a little wonder in my school-day.

One thing that's been hit hard by my return to school is Horizons. Poor baby only got 600 words yesterday. My brain was just too overwhelmed to produce more. But I've done 400 words today, and I've got the rest of the afternoon to add to that, so maybe I'll be back to normal soon. Maybe. If not ... there's always the weekends.

Weekends meaning Saturday. Because I don't write on Sundays.

And on Saturday, I have chores.

OKAY, I AM GOING TO STOP THAT LINE OF THINKING RIGHT NOW. THAT MEANS THE END OF THIS BLOG POST. GOODBYE.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you could write during class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's something I'm planning to do once I'm caught up. But right now ... I'm not caught up. I have a couple weeks of math to do, and that takes up all my free class time.

    I'll have even more work to do when I'm better and able to go back to school. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts here. Or your cookies. Really, anything you feel like sharing.