Saturday, October 1, 2011

October

So I looked at the calendar today ... and realized it was OCTOBER! Please imagine my cries of anguish and shock. I don't want to subject the Internet to them.

*Waits for a moment* Am I done yet? No, there's still a little more. *Pauses to let you grasp full impact of my misery*

So anyway, it's October, folks. The obvious question now -- or at least it's obvious to me -- is WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SEPTEMBER?! I WASN'T FINISHED WITH IT!!! WHO TOOK MY SEPTEMBER? WHO??? *sobs incoherently in corner*

And then I think about it, and I realize what happened to September. Three things happened to September.

1. Jaw Surgery: All right, I was actually the one who went through this. But my September certainly suffered for it. I spent the first week or so taking painkillers, and the rest of the month losing weight. Does this help my productivity? No. No, it does not. (On the other hand, I am LOVING my new jaw. I can feel angles on it now, something that had never even crossed my mind before. This is good. Being able to count the vertebrae in my back? That is bad.)

2. Horizons: Now this, THIS is the culprit. I started this baby while I was so miserable I couldn't even THINK about anything else, and it happily gobbled up three weeks of my September. It looked like it was going to take the rest too ... until this showed up.

3. HIGH SCHOOL: Am I adjusted? Uh ... not quite. My sick week didn't really help me catch up either. I'm still a fair bit behind in math, and I'm still totally capable of getting lost in the halls.

When you look at it that way, my September doesn't seem so bad after all. Sure, I didn't get everything done. But I started school. I recovered from surgery (I'll be allowed to chew on Thursday! Yay!) I wrote over a third of my next book.

Plus also I came up with a New Story. But I can't tell you about that yet. (Hint: It involves a cheapo flying skateboard. Make what you will of that.)

So what about you? How was your September? And what are you hoping to get out of your October? (And for you LDS people, isn't General Conference great? Can't wait until tomorrow. President Monson's talks always make me happy.)

3 comments:

  1. What has happened with Kaz? I haven't been aware of any updates. Did you drop the story for now or did you drop me? Also, would like what is most recent with Horizons. Glad you get the wires off this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no, no, Grandpa. You have NOT been dropped. Neither has Kaz. He's just waiting for me to have time for him again. And as for Horizons ... I'm afraid there's a bit of surgery going on that makes it impossible to send you more. You're going to have to reread some of the stuff you already read, in fact. But I think it will be much more satisfying when it's done. I'll be sure to update you as soon as I have anything to share, but I haven't been very productive since I started school.

    And I'm afraid no wires are disappearing. My mouth never was technically wired shut, and I lost the elastics last week. The nasty surgical hooks are staying until the end of October -- I just get to start chewing on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to mention that your acing two tests upon returning to school after your sick week indicates you have not been utterly wasting your time. I do love that you have high expectations for yourself. I also love that you can give yourself credit for some truly remarkable accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts here. Or your cookies. Really, anything you feel like sharing.